Monday, 1 November 2010

New Light

Friday 29th October 2010, A. Palmer

The motorway was ours-
Driving home or away, no one knew.
You were asleep, soundlessly, trusting;
I was full of love.

Ahead, tonight had begun to die
And tomorrow was readying to replace
A day that had been so right,
So full of love.

Glancing across at your slumped frame,
Full beams lit you for a second
And your sheer beauty startled me,
I crossed a lane.

I fingered your locks like a lullaby,
Then hit left with the same hand,
Indicating to no one but the new light
That I was turning around at the next exit.

Slipped into the quiet stream on the other side,
Driving away from the dawning day-
Today had been so right,
I wanted a few more miles of it.




4 comments:

  1. so vivid images,
    magical poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanting a few more miles of a perfect day shows how perfect it was. I enjoyed the poem. Driving away from the dawning, keeping love a little longer. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arron
    I liked your style.. and enjoy your words a lot. Thanks for sharing..

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you, friend?

    Glad to land on your exciting poetry land here.

    Welcome linking in a poem to our potluck today, Thanks in advance!

    http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-buildings-landmarks-and.html

    Some awards will be assigned upon participation.

    I signed in to follow your blog.
    Welcome follow us back.

    First time participants can simply submit an old poem.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete