Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Soar Point Ponderings #39

10th May 2010, A. Palmer


Sitting alone is not a worry;
Rather, it's a comfort-
Notice more, look beyond, some thought,
Like how my posture is weak,
How I make more sense if I do not speak
And how crass the sofas are in here- a flurry

Of misguided stripes and veloured twee.
Perhaps it is intentional;
Perhaps I do not get it- the joke is invitational.
So I sit uninvited and surrounded by
Idiotic invitees with loud laughs from paltry wits, why
It is times like these I am glad I get on with me.



6 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder how it would be to sit alone if you DIDN'T get on with you. (LOL!)

    Interesting One Shot, Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Arron
    I liked your words " I make more sense if I do not speak" some times we are into a situation where speaking does not count or is more trouble like a party of strangers... and at those times, its better to get on with oneself rather than inviting some unsolicited thoughts and comments... I liked it so much... thanks for sharing...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something to be said for solitude. Also for being nice furniture.

    This one brought a much needed smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to be friends with ourselves and loving our own company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well written...i enjoyed reading this and the sentiment it carried...thanks for sharing...pete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice take on the "people suck" theme.

    ReplyDelete